GD&TOP CD Commentary

12/25/2010 10:37:00 PM

LaurenLCD

Author's Note: Co-webmistress YoungJi and I downloaded GD & TOP's CD the night (around 10 pm December 23 - 24th in Korea) it was released. This is less a straight forward review and more a commentary on our initial first impressions. This was all in a conversation on Yahoo, so all professional rules (grammar, punctuation, researching of topic, keeping any swearing limited) will pretty much be broken. This is all in it's original format (We were in the middle of role-playing one of our stories, hence the parenthesis' after every sentence to distinguish what we're saying from the characters). A real review will be up by the 31st -1st at the latest (hopefully with all the tracks to listen to since YG's being a prick and disabling any video with one of the songs).


YoungJi:   
Its done downloading)     10:35 PM
bout to turn off the TV and just listen)     10:35 PM
I will talk about each one to you)    10:37 PM
I hate the opening of High High)    10:38 PM
   
LaurenLCD:   
*claps* k. same here. know what, we should do a collab review)    10:36 PM
   
YoungJi:   
Its really pissing me off)    10:39 PM
Like in Leaders DX)    10:39 PM
   
LaurenLCD:
xD now you know how i felt about I'm Busy from 2ne1 (if you ever heard that track))    10:38 PM
   
YoungJi:
I've heard. I had it on my psp for about an hour then took it off)    10:41 PM
   
LaurenLCD:   
i nearly threw my mp3 player out the window/at the wall i hated that song so much. and i tried listening to it twice!)     10:40 PM
   
YoungJ:   
I'm on Oh Yeah now...its iffy so far)    10:42 PM
Bom in theres its a bit random     10:43 PM
just outta no where it kinda doesn't fit to me and If I here Oh Yeah one more time or hear another stutter I will go mad....I'm there)    10:43 PM
   
LaurenLCD:
she was supposed to be in Jibal Gajimal, but they cut her out of it. so, i guess they compensated for that track)    10:42 PM
(unless they recorded Oh Yeah first)    10:42 PM
   
YoungJi:   
I'm on the 3 track)    10:45 PM
       
LaurenLCD   
Still talking about Oh Yeah: (i'm on the fence. it's okay, but eh... *shrug*)    10:43 PM
(Jibal Gajimal. this was the track Bom was supposed to sing the chorus for but they cut it)    10:44 PM
(she couldn't quite get it comfortably)    10:45 PM
   
YoungJi:   
I like it    10:47 PM
Its sweet     10:47 PM
soft and GD is making me laugh)    10:47 PM
       
LaurenLCD
GD's falsetto is gold. )    10:46 PM
he should sing more)    10:47 PM
   
       
Joi Grant is Available
    (10:47 PM)       
   
LaurenLCD:   
*listens to Baby Good night*    10:47 PM
(jazzy GD... me likey)    10:48 PM
o.O either i have bad hearing or did i hear 'whipped cream' from TOP towards the end of his rap? um... okay. =^_^=;; )    10:50 PM
   
YoungJi:   
I paused it. I'll listen carefully now)    10:54 PM
HE DID    10:54 PM
   
LaurenLCD:   
okay TOP. O.O if that's how you roll. *dead at GD's falsetto*    10:54 PM
   
YoungJi:   
I think this track    10:56 PM
He can roll with me like that I'm onto track 6 now    10:57 PM
I'm liking now this starts off    10:57 PM
its like Lil Wayne    10:57 PM
   
LaurenLCD:
Still talking about Baby Good Night: *ahem* don't give Binnie no ideas now TOP. *wiggles eyebrows* being all suave and smexy!     10:56 PM
   
YoungJi:   
or some dum hip hop song    10:58 PM
but it isn't autotuned to death    10:59 PM
   
    Joi Grant is Available
    (10:57 PM)       
   
LaurenLCD:
as much as i hate Lil Wayne being referenced, i'll let it pass. the translations are pretty bad ass.    10:58 PM
GD got some bass in his voice for this, neh?    10:58 PM
*sings the chorus*    10:59 PM
oh snap! it's Oh Mom!    11:00 PM
   
YoungJi:
Its not on my top pick list like if I had to chose between 2AM With Or Without you or Track 6 2AM would win. I like how Oh Mom Starts out.     11:02 PM
   
LaurenLCD:           
*dead at 23 sec mark*    11:00 PM
   
YoungJi:   
Hell Naw    11:03 PM
I was happy    11:04 PM
and then they freakin auto tuned his voice!    11:04 PM
       
LaurenLCD:   
a bit. for the most part it is him tho.    11:02 PM
   
    Joi Grant is Available
    (11:02 PM)       

YoungJi:   
maybe    11:05 PM
I feel the emotion     11:06 PM
   
LaurenLCD
mostly for the higher notes and the rap. around 3:30 it's obvious autotunage. i don't even care tho cause the song is epic either way.    11:04 PM
and i still recognize it as TOP    11:04 PM
   
YoungJi:   
Yeah this song is hot. I want the trans of this    11:07 PM
Next track GD I'm liking how it starts off    11:08 PM
   
LaurenLCD:       
Nightmare/Obsession by GD. they would autotune it up *sigh* it fits tho since it's supposed to be surreal.    11:07 PM
i want some translations darn it!

YoungJi:   
Do you have the trans of all the song titles?    11:17 PM
   
LaurenLCD:   
fraid not. just what i remember off the top of my head    11:16 PM

YoungJi:   
ah    11:18 PM
   
LaurenLCD:   
[insert Korean title for TOP's track] going for the autotune right away eh?    11:16 PM
*Of All Days    11:17 PM
   
YoungJi:
yeah I'm about to listen it to now. I repeated. I think I might listen to Oh Mom and the next two tracks while reading Halle    11:20 PM
   
LaurenLCD:
last track in Korean is What Do You Want    11:18 PM
   
YoungJi:
by GD? I like the style of it    11:21 PM
its cute    11:21 PM
   
LaurenLCD:
haven't heard beyond the teaser on allkpop *listens to WDYW*    11:20 PM
it's fun. and zany. just like GD XD    11:20 PM
   
YoungJi

:yep     11:23 PM
           
YoungJi:
I think it's great with the Ex of Oh Yeah, Turn It Up(That could have been another new track) The Start Of High High and the one right before Oh Mom.     11:24 PM
       
LaurenLCD:
he sounds like he had fun on that one. you know how YG is... >_> they could have had new tracks for 2ne1 too but made half of ToAnyone old solos.    11:24 PM       
you mean Bbeokegayo/Knock Out?    11:25 PM
   
YoungJi:   
yeah    11:27 PM
I'll like it later baby but that track just felt like they needed something to fill the space with    11:28 PM
   
LaurenLCD   
you mean Baby Good Night. i liked it. but then, i like when there's something slow to cool down from the rest of the uptempos. as for Turn it Up, i think they added that because it was more or less a digital single than anything. he didn't really promote it. it could've been ToAnyone all over again tho, so i won't complain about just one old track    11:29 PM
   
YoungJi:   
Well Dara Kiss Would have been ok since she didn't promote it.    11:32 PM
Now I liked Baby Good Night    11:32 PM
No* I didn't think it was a filler I was talking about track 6    11:32 PM
it felt like a filler all the way    11:33 PM
   
LaurenLCD:   
Kiss, yea. everything else, no. ohhh... you mean Knock Out. eh. i liked it. it did feel like a throw back to Leaders with the 'we're awesome and you're not! now kiss my Luis Vuitton shoes!' i'll admit, but the rhymes (when you find the accurate translations) save it for me.    11:33 PM
   
YoungJi:
maybe    11:36 PM
   
LaurenLCD:   
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=145880998794987 let's be real, if they wanted to, they could have been more obnoxious if they wanted to    11:39 PM
   
YoungJi:   
Napolean    11:42 PM
is bad dude    11:42 PM
           
LaurenLCD:   
there are more accurate lyrics than this. i gotta pull them up    11:43 PM
               
YoungJi:   
k   
       
LaurenLCD:   
http://ibigbang.wordpress.com/2010/12/05/lyrics-gd-and-tops-bbuk-e-gayo-translated-and-explained/    11:45 PM
   
YoungJi:   
that person really deep man    11:50 PM
   
LaurenLCD:
yep    11:50 PM
   
YoungJi:
TOP and GD so thank them    11:53 PM
for being hard core that they     11:53 PM
got deep    11:53 PM
   
LaurenLCD:
yes!    11:53 PM
   
YoungJi:
Cuz I wouldn't have    11:56 PM
   
LaurenLCD:
no body wouldn't have gotten what the song meant without the analysis. even native Korean were scratching their heads. not that is some deep writing there    11:55 PM
*now   

YoungJi:
Maybe TOP and GD should slow it down for us non deep peeps    11:59 PM   
       
LaurenLCD:   
don't ask that they dumb things down too much. then they'll be like the rappers we have here *shudders at the possibility*

Labels:

WARNING

Best viewed in Chrome; Incompatible with IE, Opera.

TWEETS

CBOX